What’s the issue with tissue??

The Student Senators of all three Montgomery College campuses collaborate to assess the quality of toilet paper, hand soap, and feminine products in the Rockville, Germantown, and Takoma Park campuses.

Student Senate among the three campuses are collaborating on a proposal to find alternatives to the current hand soap and toilet paper, as well as adding easy access for feminine products. As a result of students on all three campuses expressing quality concerns over the hand soap and toilet paper in the bathrooms.

According to the President of the Student Senate of Takoma Park Leo Elias, the rest of the senators are trying to make feminine products, such as tampons and pads, “universal”. In other words, these hygienic products should be readily available for students who might not be able to afford them.

The soap is very dry, and can be highly abrasive to the skin”, President Elias said. Custodial facilities for MC are examining the ingredients of the hand soap to prevent allergic reactions from students.

Students have described the toilet paper as very rough and thin.

The Student Senates are working on a proposal for alternatives to the hand soap, toilet paper, and addition to feminine care products that are both of lower price and higher quality. Funding for this proposal will come from the college’s fiscal year budget, not the collective Senate budget. They hope to propose their improvements to Dr. DeRionne P. Pollard, the current president of Montgomery College.

The Student Senate will send a survey this Wednesday across all three campuses on the students’ opinions on the quality of each item.