Are you lost? Welcome to the Excalibur!

Hello. Welcome to the newest website for the Excalibur – the official award-winning student newspaper of Montgomery College Takoma Park / Silver Spring. Yes, you read that correctly. Website? Newspaper?

The start of a new semester at Montgomery College brings us returning faces, new faces, and faces that have left to serve bigger faces! And with a new semester comes a brand new look and identify for the Excalibur itself. A paperless, more convenient look.

In an ever-increasing paperless world, us here at the Excalibur often ponder about the future of journalism. A noble tool and act, journalism remains incredibly important to students who yearn and thirst to be informed. Not only for events regarding the school that they “inhabit”, but also for news about the world around them. While the feeling of holding and reading a newspaper is incomparable and quite nice, we at the Excalibur believe that it is a responsibility for journalism to take advantage of the expanding technology, such as social media, to help news and journalism going forward.

However, the Excalibur is looking for writers like YOU. Yes, I know students can be quite busy – with transfers, extracurriculars, super-hard classes. But if you are interested in writing, please click here, fill out the form, and you should be good to go.

Thank you so much. Have a good day, and we hope to have you on board!

– James Lepinsky