The library is relocating for renovations to “modernize the library”

On Dec. 18, Takoma Park/Silver Spring Library and Information Services Resource Center (RC) location will close and its relocation on the first floor of Pavilion 1(P1) will open Jan. 23.

According to a mass email sent on Nov. 16, its normal home in the RC Building will “undergo a major renovation to modernize the library.” No solid date of completion was noted but it is estimated to be completed in the spring of 2024. MC students can view the complete email through their student email.

Several resources will still be available to students during this time. The email notes that textbooks, laptops, research assistance, and group study rooms will all still be services provided to students.  

The email also informs students that the TPSS “library collections, except textbooks and course reserves, will not be available to students.” Students will be able to request books and other resources from other campus libraries (i.e. the Rockville or Germantown campuses) to be sent to the temporary P1 library. However, as the email notes, students should expect delivery times of approximately four days for those items.

The college has generated a renovation page featuring project updates and the library website also has more information.