The Student News Site of Montgomery College

Montgomery College Excalibur

Montgomery College Excalibur

Montgomery College Excalibur

Theatre Event this April

One of the theatre stages in the Cultural Arts Center at TPSS Campus.
Photo credit, Montgomery College

“Patriarchy Exposed…,” will be on April 16 at 5 p.m. and is an event that will focus on readers’ experiences with patriarchy.

Organizers of a theatre event held at the Cultural Arts Center TPSS Campus are looking for performers and volunteers to sign up by March 28.

According to a CNN article, patriarchy is a social system that holds men at an advantage and holds women at a disadvantage in all aspects of society, from business to education.

“This production seeks to provide a platform for voices often marginalized by patriarchal systems,” said Deborah Taylor, co-coordinator of the Women and Gender Studies Program at MC and one of the event’s organizers.

Similar events at MC include “V-Day” and “The Vagina Monologues.”

Students can sign up to participate in the event by reading poetry to personal narratives or volunteering.

Taylor said she is willing to assist students, on Zoom or in person, who sign up to perform with the work they wish to share. She also said the event’s in-house theater group, Theater Prometheus, is willing to help students to develop their physical performance.

“Try to be specific about what you want to read but of course we can brainstorm,” said Taylor.

For more information, please contact Deborah Taylor at [email protected] or office number 240-567-1619.