The Student News Site of Montgomery College

Montgomery College Excalibur

Montgomery College Excalibur

Montgomery College Excalibur

Aspiring Pilot Meets Digital Art

Artist: Nikitta Joan

My interest in digital art began with a digital art class at Montgomery College, Art 116 Digital Tools for Visual Arts, which was a transforming experience. During a summer semester, I studied the subtle aspects of digital art, learning how to use digital tools with accuracy and refinement.

Art is like a gentle breeze for me, a safe refuge where I can freely express all the feelings and dreams swirling inside me, whether it’s on a canvas or through sketches. It’s where my imagination soars high, painting the skies I yearn to explore as a pilot. Yet, more than just creating, art is my sanctuary—a comforting space where I find solace and freedom from life’s burdens.

The most important aspect of digital art for me is the flexibility it provides.

Unlike traditional artistic forms where I have to purchase each brush and color, and some materials that I badly want to use with it being very expensive, digital art allows me to explore with a never-ending variety of brushes, colors, and approaches that are free to use, whether it’s within my phone using my fingers, my iPad with my Apple Pencil, or the drawing tablet I received as a gift.

With each digital canvas, I venture into new territory, stretching the limits of my creativity and imagining new colors and shapes.

My dream to be a pilot has influenced my artistic drawings and paintings. It’s one of the dreams that has inspired my creativity and given my artwork a sense of purpose and direction Whenever inspiration develops, I feel compelled to sketch planes, with each stroke of the digital brush bringing me closer to fulfilling my goals.

View Comments (1)