The Student News Site of Montgomery College

Montgomery College Excalibur

Montgomery College Excalibur

Montgomery College Excalibur

Fitness at MC

The Takoma Park/Silver Spring campus may no longer have a gymnasium, but Montgomery College students still have a fitness center for students and faculty who would like to exercise on campus.

Pavilion 4 where the gym is located at the Takoma Park Campus, the gym is located on the first floor. (Photo credit, Sreyansh Chilaka)

The fitness center at Takoma Campus is located in room 101 of the Pavilion 4 building and is open for about 8 hours a week. Apart from being closed on Tuesdays, the fitness center is open for about 2 hours on all other weekdays. The schedule is accessible on the school website.

Students and faculty can use the fitness center once they sign up for the Fitness Program either in person or online.

“This membership is valid on all three campuses at no extra fee to students as long as they are enrolled in at least one class,” said Tonya Seed, the Campus Coordinator of the Department of Health Enhancement, Exercise Science, and Physical Education at the TPSS Campus.

John Njoku, a Chemistry and Biology major doing a curl exercise in the campus gym. (Photo credit, Sreyansh Chilaka)

Available equipment includes treadmills, pull-up machines and more. Whenever the fitness center is open, there is always a campus coordinator or staff member in the fitness center who can show students how to use the equipment and answer questions that students might have concerning exercises.